Friday 22 April 2016

Scrub Love...



OH MY GOD EVERYONE!!!

You have no idea how excited I am to write this blog post!

So you know I love to share new products I've spotted...but it's been a long time since I've discovered a new product that has really took my breath away.

You know what I'm talking about...when you find the perfect beauty product that makes you realise 'This is it. This is the one. Why try anything else when this makes me so happy and gives me everything I need?'
The one that brings tears to your eyes.

Well I've found it. It's a body scrub and it's even taken over my love for Soap and Glory. Words I never thought I'd hear myself say.



Ladies and Gentlemen
I would like to introduce to you...

Scrub Love.



So this love story started about two weeks ago. A lovely lady called Zoe asked if she could send me a coffee scrub, of course I said yes. Why would I turn down beauty products?! 
Whenever a new brand get in touch with me I like to have a little stalk of their website so I can see what they are all about and what to expect.

When I visited their website I was really really surprised! It was so professional, pretty and pink. WHY had I never heard of this company before? Usually I'm on the ball with these things. The website really sold the product to me from the descriptions and pictures so I was very excited to receive my parcel, I just had a good feeling about it.

Another thing I liked about the website is that it's professional yet informal. The FAQ's had me in stitches. They definitely know their audience and what to say.

You can check out their website through the link at the end of this post.



Whilst I was waiting for my parcel to arrive I wasn't exactly having the best week. I've been quite stressed, my anxiety has been playing up and I just needed a really good pick-me-up. I also felt quite down about my appearance because my skin is just horrific lately and my hair needs doing and everything else that could possibly be wrong is wrong. So when the postman dropped a parcel through my door yesterday I did feel a little bit better knowing a pamper session was in store.


I was VERY impressed when I opened my package because I was honestly expecting a sample sachet of a minimal size. I had been sent a MASSIVE SACK of coffee scrub. This surely is going to last me forever. Such cute packaging too! 

Also along with it came a cute little selfie guide with a competition advertised on it! I love me a competition!


I don't know if you can see that very well but basically if you take a selfie in one of these poses and post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ScrubClub and tag @ScrubLove then you are automatically entered into a monthly competition where the winner gets some freebies. It's as simple as that!




Now I have to be honest...I am not a fan of exfoliating. 
I know, I know, you're all thinking 'Why are you writing this then?' but keep reading.
I would say I probably exfoliate every few months? I just really hate it. It's effort, it's messy, it hurts your skin while you're doing it and the effects don't last very long so I try to avoid it.
I usually use 'Soap and Glory Flake Away' as I think it smells really good and it does the job, it makes my skin feel nice but it's nothing special.

But when I opened my Scrub Love packet. Oh My God. 
It smells sooooooo good. I also think it's very different. Because of it being a coffee scrub I expected an intense scent of coffee. You can smell a hint of coffee but I would actually compare it to the smell of Terry's chocolate orange. 
Chocolate in a body product is great because it's so rich, warm and luxurious and orange is fabulous because it's so zingy, refreshing and fruity.

The two of them together really is something else.

The texture is quite unique as well. I find most exfoliators can be quite harsh on the skin as they are super rough and grainy (obviously to remove the dead skin) but this is still grainy but a lot finer? It's almost like it's a lot softer? So this was a big plus for me.


I had a little look at the ingredients so I could see exactly what was in the scrub.
It wasn't until I read the packaging that I realised just how many benefits this little bag of goodness held!

'Scrub Love Original Lovin' is 100% natural and 100% organic.
The coffee is actually roasted organic robusta coffee which is known for its amazing anti-inflammatory effects. It also boosts circulation which banishes cellulite and brightens skin!
It contains vitamin E and C which again leaves your skin with a lovely natural glow.
Almond oil to keep you soft and conditioned.
Orange oil to detoxify and nourish the skin. I also imagine this is where the strong orange scent comes from and it also contains pink rock salt and orange peel to buff the skin.

This literally sounded like a miracle product. At first I'll admit I thought 'too good to be true'.
One great thing about this product is that because it's all natural ingredients you can use it as much as you want, so like 3 or 4 times a week.
However with my track record I couldn't see that happening.




It was now time to use it and try it out! OOH exciting!


As I was applying it I noticed that it wasn't as harsh on the skin as my usual Soap and Glory.
The smell was so strong but in a good way. Not overpowering but lets you know it's there!
My bathroom still smells of it hours later but I like that, it reminds me of Lush products which we all know I love.

So I had a good rub-a-dub-dub in the tub and when I washed it off. 
I don't even know what to write.

My skin felt like...it wasn't real? I was bit freaked out at first but just because I was so shocked. My skin really did not feel like MY skin at all. I don't suffer from dry skin anyway but this felt smoother than anything I'd ever felt in my life. I couldn't stop touching myself lol!
So for anyone who does suffer dry skin this would be your idea of heaven.

I wondered to myself how long this feeling would last and if my skin would go back to normal once I was out of the bath. At this point I would usually moisturise but I really didn't feel like I needed it.
I don''t know what ingredient caused it to feel so moisturised , I imagine it's the oils but this made me really happy because I also hate moisturising. 

I would go as far as saying that this experience with Scrub Love was so easy and effortless that I would happily make this a regular treat. I'm talking weekly, maybe even twice a week which is a big thing for me. That's how I know this product was a new favourite. I can't wait to do it again.

It has now been 6 hours since I got out the bath and my skin still feels just as good and it's not just the touch of my skin that has changed, its also the appearance. I wasn't expecting any visible changes after one use but I have such a healthy glow in my skin! I haven't been this impressed with a product in a very long time and I've well and truly being converted!


(How weird do I look without liquid eyeliner?)

Overall I would say that this product is my new best friend. I will definitely be buying this from now on. Can you imagine if I won this months competition? I'd be in my element, I'd never shut up about it!


If anybody is interested you can check out their website
It costs £11.95 for the original one which I have reviewed. 
and for a few quid extra you can get coconut (I NEED) and also mint which must be sooo refreshing!

Some people might think that's a little pricey but for what you are getting I think it's really well priced.
The packets are not small and I'm yet to find a product that works as well as this.

You can also check out their Instagram
I was honestly so shocked when I saw their page. 460 followers? I was expecting thousands! I thought it was a really huge company that I had just missed. They deserve so much more recognition than what they have! I hope this blog post gives them some more!



Don't forget to enter the competition with the hashtag #ScrubClub

Until next time, I'll be in the tub having a scrub!



Much love,




Disclaimer:   This product was sent to me specifically for reviewing purposes however all opinions are 100% my honest opinion on the product.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sleek For Yourself! | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig